Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Merry Christmas to All...and to All a Good Night!

It's just crazy to me how fast time can fly.  When we came home for furlough in October, two months felt like a long time.  It's not!  Now here we are, packing up again and getting ready to go back to Ecuador.  There are many things I miss about Ecuador.  The one I miss the most is my puppy dog Callie.  We also miss the beautiful weather, the people, and little did we know... plátanos (plantains)!

But, as I take a minute to take a deep breath, I know I am going to miss this place too.  The house that I grew up for the first 18 years of my life.  The smell of homemade turkey and dressing and the beautiful color of the leaves this time of year.   I sat on my bed last night as it sunk in that I would have to tell our parents goodbye soon.  I think a part of me thought it would just be better to not slow down, that way I wouldn't have to deal with the salty raindrops dripping off my nose while listening to "I'll be Home for Christmas."

Before we had a baby, we were packed up and flying out of here with no problem.  But a baby can change all that and you can feel the weight hit you like a ton of bricks with no warning at all.  My heart is heavy and that is okay.  In all things we give thanks to our Creator, He has been so good to us.  And we'd like to thank our family and friends, those we saw and those we missed.  You are all in our thoughts and prayers as we travel back to our home away from "home."  I don't think anyone likes to say goodbye, so this is me saying "until next time." 
Love,
The Castros


No comments:

Post a Comment