Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

God's Promises to Us

     Today was one of the hardest days yet one of the best days for me since we have been here.  In our language class, we spent 2 hours sharing verses from God's Word and His promises over one another.  It was such a beautiful and encouraging time.  Some may say, that it is not possible to make such strong relationships in such a short time (3 months).  But as we closed in prayer, we were all in tears as we prayed, wept, and rejoiced for one another.  My heart aches, yet rejoices.  To know that my classmates, my friends are also going to share God's love with those who do not know it... is exciting!  Yet it is painful.  However, we will move ahead, bold and confident, that God will accomplish His purposes through those that love Him!  We will continue to run this race as we wait for the next step!  And although it is difficult now, we look forward to what God has in store!

Maybe some of these promises will encourage you as well:

Psalms 37:4  "Delight yourself in the Lord; and he will give you the desires of your heart." 

Exodus 23:20  "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared."

Psalms 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

This is my favorite.  It was what God used to speak to my heart and encourage me this morning.  To Him be all the glory!  In Jesus name!

Isaiah 42: 6-9 "I the Lord have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
   "I am the Lord; that is my name!  I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.  See the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." 

Waiting with expectation to see God fulfill His promises,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment