Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Parable of the Sower

I was reading my bible study lesson this week which focused on Mark 4:3-8. The study encouraged us to pray throughout the lesson for God to give us "insight" as to what He wanted us to get from it. I did...and God helped me to see the picture differently!

This is the 2nd time God has directed me to this passage, so I was already like, "Okay God, what are you teaching me about this lesson?" To sum it up...I learned that I am not in control and need to trust HIM to do what He said he would do.

You're probably thinking...Duh! We all "know" we are not in control. But for me, I felt that I had to do it just right in order to get results. How wrong is that!? So I was scared to do what He called in fear of not doing it right.

Not anymore. I learned that I need to scatter the seed like planting wheat...just throw it out there. I was trying to plant tomatoes...being all methodical about it. I know that "the seed" will fall on different soil, but that is not my job to determine...it's God's. All He has asked me to do is to be His servant and to throw the seed out there...He is the one who will make it grow. I thank my God who has been teaching me so much about my reliance on Him, my bible study and bible study teacher who continue to encourage us, and to all those praying for us!

Lord, may you receive all the Glory! 1 Corinthians 3: 7-9
" So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building."

No comments:

Post a Comment