Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Swept Off My Feet

Last week I shared about "the jar." How God was just blessing me all week long, speaking to me, encouraging me, in ways that just had me speechless, or laughing out loud. It was then that I realized. . .I had been doing it my way.

I went to a retreat on Saturday called, "Refresh, Refuel, & Re-energize." I sat in awe, b/c the things that were being said was what God had been teaching me. It's not about what I do for Him. . .but about being WITH Him. God is saying, "Stop trying to figure and work everything out. Just come to me. . .love Me!" Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I am learning that TRUST brings PEACE. When I'm trusting in Him to answer, I am recognizing who is really in control. And I am happy to say, that He has showed me amazing things again this week. Every day, it just gets better and better. He hears me, He knows me, He had been waiting all along for me to just come and sit in his lap. Now, there is no other place I'd rather be than to be at His feet. Lord your love is OVERWHELMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment