Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Catch and Release. . .A week of miracles!

During the Christmas break, I began to look back at 2008 to see what God had been teaching me. I found a pattern. It was a pattern of me trying to do things my way, in my timing, on my own. It wasn't until I was at the end of my rope, crying out to God, that He helped me realize something. "Catch and Release."

There's a song out by Casting Crowns called "Slow Fade." For me, the concept applied. It was a slow fade from where I trusted God for everything, to doing things myself-being self sufficient. When did this happen??? It wasn't overnight! It was a slow fade, so slow that I didn't realize it until I was desperate. Worries, and doubts/concerns enter our minds all the time. They can drag you down so fast and easily. That's when I knew that I had to release them as soon as I "caught" them.

So, I got a jar. I wrote down all of the things that were on my mind. My prayers that I did not want to even try to fix myself. I wrote them down, and I put them in the jar. "God, they're yours. . . I'm leaving them with you-it's out of my hands."

And boy did He blow my socks off! Each day from Sunday to Sunday-God encouraged me through people, new ideas, pastors, loved ones. God was showing me how much he loves me! He opened my eyes to a different way. I was like a little kid again, sitting on the edge of my seat. . . waiting in anticipation for the next day. . . wondering what God would do next. Here are a few of those miracles:

Sunday:listening to sermon-got a great idea for our next newsletter. Also, a friend from church invited us to come speak at her bible study. Answer to prayer: Guidance in our support raising.
Monday: Encouraged by friend over phone regarding support-kept getting goose bumps during the conversation
Tuesday-Saturday: Continued answers to prayers. Not just 1, oh no. . . God was encouraging me all the way around!

After you experience a week like that, you never want to even consider going back to the way you were doing it.

So my encouragement to all of you- Catch and Release- Get a jar baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment