Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Clydesdale Horse

I'm sure you have seen the new Budweiser Clydesdale commercial that aired during the Superbowl.  I saw it for the first time yesterday, and cried every time it came on the television (at least 5 times)!


What is it about this commercial that pulls on our heart strings?  The love between a man and his horse is obvious.  How he cares for the baby horse, nurtures it, trains it, loves it.  Then comes the day when he has to let the horse go.  It makes us tear up because we can relate.  Isn't that what we do with our children?  Isn't that how God loves us?

Psalm 139:
           You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
           You know when I sit and when I rise;
           you perceive my thoughts from afar.
           You discern my going out and my lying down; 
             you are familiar with all my ways.
           Before a word is on my tongue
             you, Lord, know it completely.
           You hem me in behind and before,
             and you lay your hand upon me.
           Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
             too lofty for me to attain.

God not only trains us in the way we should go, "He created our inmost being;
     and knit us together in our mother’s womb."  He loved us before we ever existed.  You can see the joy in the trainers eyes when he sees his horse marching in the parade.  The tears ducts start to overflow when the horse, upon seeing his master, RUNS back to him.  My heart is filled with so much emotion because I want to be like that horse.  Despite my circumstances, or my mood, I want to be able to run to my Master, knowing that when I arrive and stop at his feet, I will be embraced.  I will be held.  


What a beautiful story between a man and his horse.  What a beautiful story God has written for us.  If there is anything I have learned from living abroad, it is this: God's ways are perfect, His timing is perfect, the plans He has for us... are perfect.  We will always have to go through difficult times, because during those times, we RUN to Him.  He trains us and disciplines us so that we learn to fly.  He allows us to go our own way, but He is always there, waiting, for us to come back home to Him.  

You may just want to watch this commercial again:


No comments:

Post a Comment