Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Bloom Where You're Planted

I received an email this morning saying, "Look what I found!"  A friend had gone to say some prayers over some land that her and her husband had just purchased for a new business.  It's their first time to try something like this and she was a bit nervous to step out into the "unknown."

She'd been going to bible study and God had been talking to her about trusting Him; so she decided to go out on a limb and go for it.  Upon walking up to the site that they had purchased, she saw these beautiful flowers.

It brought tears to my eyes when she emailed me the picture.  I guess because many people might not even see the beauty in it or notice the flowers, but mostly because it was as if God was saying, "Trust in me, I make all things grow!"

I stumbled upon this insert and verse by Joyce Myer shortly after seeing her picture.

If you are looking for a miracle in your life, make sure you are sowing seeds of obedience, because the Lord has promised us that if we do so in patient confidence and trust in Him, we will eventually reap: And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not give up (Galatians 6:9).

I don't know about you, but that encourages me!  Sometimes it's so hard to trust and to be patient and to wait on God because we think we could work faster, or do better, or we just simply want our own way and we want it now!  We know that God works everything out for our good and for a purpose.  We know it in our head, but sometimes it takes time to sink all the way down into our heart.  The hard part is waiting. But the fun part, the exciting part, the OH MY GOODNESS (I can't believe it) part is soon to follow.  What joy and astonishment He brings to us when we see how He brings it all together.  How He was at work all along even before we dreamed the dream.  I don't think there is anything better than trusting in Him and then anxiously seeing it all unfold!





No comments:

Post a Comment