Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Showers of Blessing

Shower from ladies at HCJB
And the Lord said, "Test me in this and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."  Malachi 3:10

My 1st "Double Baby Shower" with Anabella
These words will always be etched on my heart.  We began the journey 3 years ago.  Larry quit his job at the end of May 2009 and we raised support so that we could come and minister to the people of Ecuador.  We were nervous and scared at first about the whole thing.  To ask others to support us was frightening... at first.  Then we realized that God was going before us and preparing the hearts of friends and family.  It was such a blessing.  He gave me the verse above to encourage me during those months of uncertainty.  It wasn't until later that we understood and experienced the truth behind it.
Volunteer teachers that I work with

I remember having some of the same fears when we found out we were going to have a baby nearly 9 months ago.  Would our support cover this new life being given to us?  Would we be able to provide for her?  I was reminded that God is control of all things.  And if He provided for Larry and me, beyond what we could have imagined, wouldn't He also provide for our baby girl?  The answer is YES!
The kids at school got to participate as well and try to guess how big my belly was!

I can not begin to express the gratitude to family, friends, churches, bible studies, friends of family who have shown us God's love by providing for our little girl.  It has been so fun to be a part of and so amazing to see how God uses his people to love on us.  The Lord has provided everything we need and more.  We could not be more grateful, our hearts are truly overflowing with gratitude!

Shower given by family/friends in Houston before we returned to Ecuador
Being on the mission field is difficult at times, especially during times like this.  I never imagined I'd be having my 1st child in a foreign country!  But I have to say that the love and response we have received from the people here and the people back home, has made it such an enjoyable and amazing experience.  In the States, I wonder if I would have taken this for granted.  Waiting on the Lord, and seeing Him provide has strengthened our faith.  From baby beds to baby bouncers, from bibs to burping cloths, we just could not be more blessed.  We thank the Lord for his continuous provision and how he lavishly gives his children good gifts.  And thank you for being so incredibly wonderful.  Thank you for your prayers and your random acts of generosity.  You have truly made this couple feel loved and special.  Thank you!
Ladies from the church that Larry and I attend
  

No comments:

Post a Comment