Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Braggin' on God

About a week ago I sat down to write out some thank you cards.  As I thanked people for their continued support, for the ones who surprised us with a financial gift in December, and for those who blessed us by blessing our baby... I was just overwhelmed with gratitude!

I could have cried with every note I wrote, and no it's not just the hormones! ;-)  That week we also received a bassinet on loan from other missionaries here in Quito.  I received a thank you letter from a former student, and our landlords brought us homemade figs and fresh cheese!  I thought, "Lord, if you bless me anymore I'm just going to burst!" 

I walked down the street and felt the gentle breeze against my cheeks and began to sing songs of thanksgiving to Him who gives us all things.  Not just the material/financial things, but the little gifts that He has for us each and every day.  The sound of the birds chirping outside my window, the smell of the eucalyptus trees in the park, how my dog gently tries to sneak into our bed at 5 a.m. so she can snuggle with us a few minutes.  They all make me smile because they are just small gifts from Him letting me know how much He loves me.

It's pretty amazing.  I know I should write them all down.  I know I won't always have this "about to burst feeling" because there are always trials just right around the corner.  But it's during those times that I can look back and be grateful.  I don't have to set my eyes on my circumstances, I don't have to be angry.  I can choose to break those destructive patterns, I can choose to be grateful for His unconditional love.  I can even choose to be grateful for the trial set before me!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, God gives so many good gifts! Love, love, love it (and you).
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete