Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

For: My Mother-n-Love

They say it's a rare gift to get a long with your mother-n-law, a diamond in the rough.  Well, the good Lord has given me the diamond!

This Mother's Day, I would like to honor my mother-n-love- Christine Ruth Castro.  She is someone that has touched my heart beyond what words could ever convey.  She accepted me with open arms from the beginning and made me feel part of their family, not just as a member, but as a daughter.  She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside, and no matter how long we are apart, we can always pick up where we left off.

From shopping for wedding dresses to manicures and pedicures, she is someone that I can share my deepest feelings with.  She's always looking out for me too and is very thoughtful.  Whether its surprising me with little gifts like Starbuck's coffee, or Christmas decorations for our new home... she makes me feel special.  She's the kind of Mom that you look forward to seeing and sharing a cup of coffee with in front of the fireplace on a cold day.  The kind that makes you smile when you see her and not want to say goodbye when she leaves. 

She's always there to cheer me on and to hold me tight when I feel down.  She's sensitive yet strong and has a way of making me feel like I belong.  But of all these virtues, the one I admire in her most is her ability to love unconditionally  Although she may not be here physically, our hearts are always together.  I am always thinking of her and I know that when I need her, she will be here.  She told me once that she always wanted a daughter, and we all know that a girl needs a Mama.  How wonderful it is when the Lord orchestrates and binds together two women at just the right time.

Many times I wonder what I did to get so lucky to have her in my life. Yet I know that I did nothing, that it is simply God's grace and a gift from Him.  (James 1:16-17 "Do not be deceived, my dear brothers.  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.")  Thank you Mom, for loving me beyond what I could have ever dreamed.  The gift the Lord has given me in you is truly priceless.  My life is so richly blessed because you are part of it, I love you with all my heart!

Happy Mother's Day Mamacita!
Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment