Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Moses Project

"If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying." For the Lord has said, "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 11 and 12)

The Lord has been refining me lately. Some days are very difficult and I realize just how weak I am. I would cry out, "Oh Lord, why does it have to be so hard!?" He reminded me that in my weakness, His power rests on me. I decided to try to accept that as best as I could. I'm used to getting things done on my own, but it's much more difficult in a foreign culture and language, hence my total dependence on Him.

In our bible study yesterday, a lady encouraged me to only prepare 80% of my lesson in order to allow God to work. I gave it a try and this is what happened...
Instead of having every minute filled, I simply brought the materials for us to make classroom rules. The Director of the school gathered all the children (around 45) in order to talk with them about what we would be doing today. At the beginning of class, the kids read a verse about how God has chosen them from the beginning. The more she spoke, the more God was pressing something on my heart! I'm really not the motivational speaker, but I knew that God wanted them to hear this. He was asking me to tell them that God had chosen each of them. But what happens when we start fighting with one another? When we start using bad words to hurt our friends, or say lies to get what we want? The enemy wins! And he does not want us to have success in this world, he wants to see us fail. Therefore we have to fight against this, and it starts in the way we treat each other.
Or at least... that's what I think I said:-) The most amazing thing happened, for once, all 45 kids from the ages of 6-15 listened with wide eyes to a hope that they could have and grasp. When I was finished, they started to clap and I was completely amazed at what had just happened. Not by words, but How the Lord touched their hearts.
I'd like to say that the rest of the day went great, but the truth is that we have lots of work to do in this area. The Lord is faithful, I know He is working here. Please pray for us, that the Lord will teach us how to fight, not with weapons of the world, but with the power that demolishes strongholds! In Jesus name!!!
(Below is a short video of where I'm teaching.  And if you are reading this on facebook the video is in my vidoes.)


No comments:

Post a Comment