Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If I take responsibility for my learning, I will...

That was the question posed to us this morning. Something God has been teaching me this year through people in my life, my job, and family is this...

God is more interested in me glorifying and loving Him, than me "doing" something for Him. With such busy lives, it is easy to get lost in the rush of it all. And somewhere, in the back of your mind, you know that there is more to it than this. But once we start flying around like little hummingbirds, we forget what it was like to soar on the wings of an eagle. We allow life to take over, and so easily lose perspective or we just get another perspective. But am I hungry? Am I thirsty for more of God? When it comes down to it, I have to take responsibility for my actions, or busyness, and set my priorities once again. Oh wouldn't it be nice if we only had to do it once! It doesn't matter if I'm a school teacher, or a wife, or a daughter...my only desire is for more of God, knowing that everything else will fall into place. All my dreams and hopes for the future are nothing in comparison to being in my Father's arms.

So, if I take responsibility for my learning, I will devote more time to being still before an Almighty God. Knowing, that it will be only by His grace that this will happen. For in my weakness, He is strong! What would you fill in the blank?

No comments:

Post a Comment