Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today was the day that I told my kids at school that Friday would be my last day with them. I have to say, that I was kind of dreading it at first. Last week was tough as my time there was coming to an end. I wondered how in the world I would get through it, what I would say, when I should say it...and if I could make it through without crying!!!?

But I heard some things during worship on Sunday that put me in my place. It helped me get my head on straight. I realized that I was "worrying" about the whole thing. I knew that I had to give it to Him, and trust Him to work everything out. I knew He would give me strength when I needed it...and He did!

I also felt like He wanted me to be transparent, that is always scary, but I've learned that when I am, God does really cool things. So I decided to tell my kids about the time that I had to take my Spanish oral proficiency test 5 times before I passed. How I didn't understand at the time, but that in looking back, I realize that God brought me to the end of my rope for a reason...to see if I was going to live my life for me or for Him? Teaching was my dream, and God was asking me to give it to Him. I didn't understand it, but I decided to trust Him. The next time I took that test, I passed. No coincidence. I was learning how to trust in Him, His promises, His word, and His love. I was learning to not lean on my own understanding.

I remember thinking at that time in my life, "Lord how is this ever going to glorify you?" Well, today I think it did just that. What I thought was a weakness, was used today to bring glory to Him! I think the kids "got it." They were surprised for sure, but they were awesome! I am so blessed to have been able to be a part of their lives:-)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren GravesSeptember 29, 2009

    Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! You are a testimony for HIM. Your words reminded me of what I read and focused on this morning - Isaiah 55:8-13.

    ReplyDelete