Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Empty Me of "Me" So I Can Be Filled with More of YOU!

 About a month ago, I began to wonder... Lord is there any hope for me?!  Or am I just going to repeat this sin over and over again?  No matter how much I tried, or how much I prayed, I kept doing what I didn't want to do.  I wanted to be a better wife, but I just felt stuck and it was not a good feeling.  I remember asking the Lord and my husband, "Is this one of those sins that will follow until the 3rd or 4th generation?"  Is there any hope, because I sure am trying... and I keep doing the same thing!

Branch that is not connected is "dead."
Branch that is connected bears good fruit.
I went on a Women's Retreat about 2 weeks ago.  It was refreshing and enlightening.  Sometimes, you "know" it in your head, it just hasn't made it to your heart yet.  I know God loves me.  I know that Christianity is not a "salvation by works" religion.  Yet, ironically, that is exactly what I was trying to do!  I was trying to fix my wrong behavior (over-reacting, and getting defensive) on my own strength, and was becoming frustrated because I wasn't getting anywhere.  Our facilitator at the retreat said something that stuck, "It isn't your job to fix it.  It's God's."  Then last weekend at church the Pastor reminded us that a branch which is not connected to the vine is "dead."  That we can't do anything if we are not connected to the vine.  What a relief to know in my heart that my job is not to fix anything, my job is simply to remain connected to the vine-Jesus!

Here is something I read in my devotional this morning called, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young:

Walk peacefully with Me through this day.  You are wondering how you will cope with all that is expected of you.  You must traverse this day like any other: one step at a time.  Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My Presence and on taking the next step.  The more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me.  This is a training opportunity, since I designed you for deep dependence on your Shepherd-King.  Challenging times wake you up and amplify your awareness of needing My help.
  When you don't know what to do, wait while I open the way before you.  Trust that I know what I'm doing, and be ready to follow My lead.  I will give strength to you, and I will bless you with Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment