Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

There is no god like my God!

Deuteronomy 4: 35-39  "You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other.  From heaven he made you hear his voice to discipline you.  On earth he showed you his great fire, and you heard his words from out of the fire.  Because he loved your forefathers and chose their descendants after them, he brought you out of Egypt by his Presence and his great strength, to drive out before you nations greater and stronger than you and to bring you into their land to give it to you for you inheritance, as it is today.  Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven and on earth below.  There is no other."

The Lord reminded me this morning that he made me hear his voice in order to discipline me.  He has spoken to me through the fire, and I have heard His voice.  He has said that although I will walk through the fire, the flames will not set me ablaze.  It is true that he has brought us out from our home into another land by his Presence and strength alone.  He did it His way so that we could not boast and say that it was done in our strength.  So I acknowledge today and say, "There is no god like my God!"  Nothing can compare to the love that He has for us.

The Lord has showed me over and over again so that I may trust in Him and his timing.  The Lord says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore, just as Paul says, "I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  Let it be known that I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong!  


Lord, I will not bow down to the mountain, I will tell the mountain about my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment