Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mr. Feelings


The other day I had several rubber bands wrapped around me while I was blindfolded. This may take a little bit of explaining. During one of our training sessions I volunteered for an exercise. I had no idea what was about to happen all I knew was I had to be able to endure a little bit of pain.
In our session we were talking about how our expectations and our desires when we get to the field can be in conflict, and how that will affect our feelings. Enter Mr. Feelings... I was blindfolded and several people were called up to hold on to one side of these large rubber bands. On different sides you have your expectations vs. reality, your desires, others expectations, and your attitude. All of these things can come in conflict and you may feel pulled in several directions. The pain part is when these "rubber bands" are pulled tight and something happens to cause pain or joy I got a little "pop". Part of the point is to allow yourself to feel both the good and bad, and not insulate yourself from your feelings.
We also need to learn how to handle these feelings, and try to keep our expectations close to reality. We are learning so much here at our training in Colorado and will continue to share more. Thank you all for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment