Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

In 3, 2, 1... I'm Letting Go!

Have you ever tried to figure things out and just couldn't? You talked with others, hoping to find answers to your questions or problems, all the time knowing you needed to bring it to God. There is power in "letting go."

The funny thing is-I've learned this lesson before when I was trying to pass one of my tests to teach. I had to take the test 5 times before I finally passed... and it didn't happen on my own. I tried everything I knew how to do; talked with others, did my "homework" and it just wasn't happening... until I reached the end of my rope and cried out to God for help. That is when I got the results I needed, by letting go and letting God do His thing so He could get the glory!

I'm shaking my head now, wondering why I didn't see it before. But I know why, I was too busy trying to "figure it out." I was the one in control, and it was driving me crazy. I felt like if I let go, it was like I didn't care. But now I realize that by letting go, I am no longer trusting myself to fix the problem, I am trusting God to do His thing in His time. And I believe in Him and trust Him, because I've seen Him work miracles in my life as well as others.

It's like a breath of fresh air, thank you Lord for allowing me to see what I need to do. Thank you for lifting my weight and carrying my burden. And when people ask, "So what did you do?" I can tell them...I trusted you!

Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it."
John 11:4

No comments:

Post a Comment