Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

From 50-64% in 24 hours!!!!!!

So I woke up at 6:30 yesterday morning unable to sleep. I went to the computer to check my email which is where we received some really good news! But first let me tell you the story behind it.

About 2 weeks ago, I texted a friend to see if she would pray for us as we went to talk with a couple from our church. When we were finished talking with them, I texted her to say thank you for praying, b/c they told us they would support us! That is when she texted me and said, "I prayed and asked God to give ya'll a BIG amount." So I picked up the phone and called her. I said, "Brenda, that is crazy that you prayed that!" She asked, "Why?" I told her that the couple had not only told us that they would support us, but that they were going to try to work with an organization so they could give us a BIGGER amount, but that they had to meet with them first! We both thought it was really cool how God let us both know that He was listening :-)

So I mosey on over to the computer yesterday morning to check e-mail, and that is when I found out that the big amount...was a BIG amount! It brought us from 53% to 63%! AMAZING! I ran to the back bedroom to wake Larry up and tell him. He thought I may have been mistaken and saw for himself. So, I'm running around Larry's parents house like a little kid telling everyone! My heart raced all day long! I called my friend Kelly to tell her as well. She said, "Wow! Just last night (which is when the organization was meeting) I specifically prayed that God would get you to 60% before school started!" So we are officially at 64%, and praying for 75% to come soon! Oh my goodness...God is good!

We are so thankful for the support we have received. It has been an incredible and exciting journey, with many bumps and turns, yet God has been FAITHFUL! We give Him ALL the glory for what He is doing. Please pray for us the next few weeks as we continue to raise support.

I love what Paul says in 2 Corinthians: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

1 comment:

  1. well, all right, girlie~!! I guess if we weren't weak, he'd have NO reason to show himself strong. If you had all the money to go off to Ecuador and do it without Him, you might not know he's mapped out every moment of the journey already for you two. I can just feel your excitement in the air as it gets closer and I'm so happy your feet have already touched that ground that you are going to gain.

    love in christ,

    Denise and Scott

    ReplyDelete